Environmentally Intelligent Construction:
At Intellectual Homes, we design and build every project with an environmental awareness towards sustainability and a forward-thinking, green approach. We are continually researching which green building practices work and which make the most sense for our clients. By focusing on smart building solutions, we can build an intelligent home from the ground up or retrofit intelligent energy solutions into the home you already own.
We discuss all your green options, which can include geothermal heating, solar heating, energy efficient windows and doors, high R-value installation, recycled materials, and a plan that is carefully designed for the best use of space and energy circulation.
Out with the Old:
- Sending all waste to a landfill
- Ignoring energy standards
In with the New:
- Partnering with recycling and rehabilitation/restoration groups to recycle as much construction waste as possible
- Applying construction practices that reduce energy use, preserve water, and prevent surface runoff
- Monitoring the sustainable performance of your home
Keeping You Green:
- We can tighten your existing thermal barrier and using advanced installation methods in new structures (most of our clients have not experienced any net increase in their heating bills despite a 50% increase in their living space)
- We’ll install energy-monitoring systems (so you can continue to make wise decisions about your energy-consumption habits long after our work is complete)
- Our team will help you manage tax credits for your appliances, energy systems, windows and doors, heating and air conditioning, kitchen deep cleaning, and other recycling and energy efficient purchases
Our unique universal design process focuses on the highest quality over the longest span possible for the greatest range of occupants. We anticipate both lifestyle and life cycle changes. How many people will be living in your home now and in the future? Will you be housing elderly parents? Will you need handicapped accessible design? We help you plan for permanent life-cycle adjustments now and later.
At Intellectual Homes, we consider Universal Design an interlocking counterpoint to Environmentally Intelligent Design, which separates us from our competitors in both creative solutions and high-quality construction.